With the aid of a Pastoral Associate, St. John Neumann Catholic Church strives to provide a comprehensive and integrated array of pastoral ministries that promote healing and spiritual growth.
The Pastoral Associate works with the Pastor to assess the needs of the parish and set priorities for supporting and developing pastoral and social ministries to meet the dynamic and changing needs of the parish. In addition, the Pastoral Associate assists the Pastor by coordinating and maintain liaison with similar ministries in the local community and throughout the Dioceses of Richmond.
The Pastoral Associate focuses especially on volunteer recruitment, training, and leadership development of lay pastoral ministers.
If you would like to volunteer or if you need assistance in any of the following areas:
- Pray for those who are suffering.
- Visits to those who are housebound, sick and elderly, or dying in our parish.
- Care and support to the bereaved.
- Care and support to those in need of practical support (food/shelter/clothing, etc.).
- Promoting awareness of the Church’s social teaching.
- Outreach to fallen-away Catholics and the unchurched, especially those who want to learn more about Catholicism or join us in full communion.
- Enhancing the sense of prayer, mission and evangelization in the parish.
- Ministries that address the needs of specific groups (e.g. Young Adults, Men/Women, divorced and separated, etc.)
- Human Concerns in the parish and community
To learn more about these important ministries, see the pages below.
If have questions, use the contact information button.
“No vocation is born of itself or lives for itself. A vocation flows from the heart of God and blossoms in the good soil of faithful people. Did not Jesus say: “By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another” (Jn 13:35)?